Now in its third year, all of the co-sponsoring groups devoted to the betterment of the auto glass industry are gathering in one location again for Auto Glass Week.The event dedicated to the automotive glass world, which has received overwhelming support for all those involved.
The Auto Glass Safety Council
The Auto Glass Safety Council is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the safe replacement of auto glass. The Council is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)—a standards development organization—and has developed North America’s only auto glass replacement standard, the AGRSS Standard™ (ANSI/AGSC 002-2002 Automotive Glass Replacement Safety Standard), and manages the industry’s certification programs.
Auto Glass Safety Council Mission Statement:
To make every auto glass replacement safer by:
• Developing and maintaining standards for the replacement of auto glass;
• Education and accrediting the industry; and
• Promoting awareness of the AGRSS Standard™ to the insurance industry and driving public at large.
Independent Glass Association
The Independent Glass Association (IGA) is the only association dedicated to the needs of the independent glass companies in North America. Its members are also dedicated to the professional and ethical installation of glass in a safe and proper manner. IGA members are located in all 50 states and ten countries.
IGA Mission Statement:
• To secure free and fair access to glass services for its members by defending and promoting the consumers’ right to choose their glass service providers;
• To advance ethical business practices and encourage pure competition;
• To promote safe and proper glass services to consumers in accordance with all applicable standards and laws;
• To be a source for education, resources and information to the glass industry; and
• To serve as an advocate for independent glass service providers before customers, insurers, regulatory and legislative entities and other groups.
National Glass Association
Founded in 1948, the National Glass Association (NGA) serves the architectural glass, automotive glass, and window and door industries. The NGA represents nearly 3,000 member companies & locations throughout North America.
NGA Mission Statement:
• Provide information and education; and
• Promote quality workmanship, ethics and safety in the architectural, automotive and window and door glass industries.
National Windshield Repair Association
The National Windshield Repair Association (NWRA) is recognized nationally and worldwide as a professional source of reliable information on windshield repair. NWRA provides information and consultation to interested parties including commercial, government and trade organizations. NWRA is the only trade association devoted solely to the windshield repair industry.
NWRA Mission Statement:
• Promote and develop the legitimacy of windshield repair as the first option for glass;
• Provide and promote best practices for those engaged in windshield repair;
• Provide the public with benefits of repair;
• Provide education, resources and information about repair;
• Develop and promote qualified, ethical repair practices; and
• To serve as an advocate for the windshield repair industry before government and other regulatory groups.
NordGlass Auto Glass Technician Olympics
The NordGlass Auto Glass Technician Olympics (AGTO) is the event for auto glass technicians and fitters from all over the world to come together in an educational forum to compete and learn from one another. This annual gathering plays an important role in the auto glass replacement industry to ensure that technicians have the ability to showcase their skills and techniques through a premier competition and educational demonstrations. The AGTO will be held on the show floor in the Tampa Convention Center on September 19-20.
GlasWeld’s Windshield Repair Olympics in Honor of Walt Gorman
GlasWeld’s Windshield Repair Olympics (WRO) in Honor of Walt Gorman provides a venue for repair technicians to showcase and learn the finest repair techniques from one another. Now in its eighth year, the WRO will be held on the show floor in the Tampa Convention Center on September 18-19.